Add an On-Premise Poller for different servers having similar host name and IP address
On-Premise Poller helps monitor your internal network/resources behind the firewall. To add an On-Premise Poller for multiple servers having similar hostname and IP addresses, please follow the steps given below:
- Install the Poller agent. Refer here to know how to install a Poller for Windows and Linux
- Go to "Installation directory/Site24x7OnPremisePoller/conf" folder.
- Edit the serveragent.config file.
- Change the parameters MONAGENTID and AGENTUID = SITE24X7NEW
- Add two new config into the file for the differentiation of On-Premise Pollers. This is used to differentiate On-Premise Pollers from an existing poller if being added in a machine with a similar hostname or IP.
LOCAL_HOSTNAME=<user_defined_hostname that will be set to poller>
The two will be set in the On-Premise Poller configuration in Site24x7
- Restart the On-Premise Poller
This will add a new agent that will be considered as a second Poller.
Troubleshooting steps for On-Premise Poller
Prerequisites and basic details: Prerequisites for installing On-Premise Poller Necessary ports to allow access to the installed On-Premise Poller How secure is On-Premise Poller Amount of bandwidth consumed by the On-Premise Poller software Adding ...
How secure is On-Premise Poller
On-Premise Poller: Introduction On-Premise Poller, a lightweight agent, helps to monitor your internal network and resources behind a firewall or virtual private network (VPN). You can install On-Premise Poller in various branch offices within a ...
Checking the accessibility of Site24x7 server from the On-Premise Poller
Once you've installed the On-Premise Poller, perform the following actions to check if the On-Premise Poller can connect to Site24x7 servers. Ensure to allow access to the necessary ports. Checking the accessibility of the ...
Configure proxy for an already installed On-Premise Poller
Please follow the below steps for an On-Premise Poller installed in a Windows server: Go to the Run dialog box. Type in services.msc and press Enter. This will open Windows Services. Stop the service name SITE24X7_ONPREMISEMONITOR. i.e. Stop the ...
How to manually upgrade an On-Premise Poller
You can upgrade an On-Premise Poller directly from the Site24x7 web console by navigating to Admin > On-Premise Poller, clicking the hamburger icon beside an On-Premise Poller, and clicking Upgrade. If this upgrade fails, try using the steps below: ...