Security for Site24x7 Agentless Server Monitoring
- How is performance data sent from the user environment to the Site24x7 Data Center?
The On-Premise Poller uses a HTTPS connection to send performance data from the user environment to the Site24x7 Data Center.
- Do I need to whitelist any ports/domains to allow access for the agent?
Yes, whitelist the ports and domains listed in this article to allow access for the agent.
- How is server availability calculated?
The server availability is calculated using the ICMP/TCP protocol.
- What data is collected by the On-Premise Poller(s)?
Performance metrics like CPU, memory, disk usage and network stats are collected by the On-Premise Poller(s) using SNMP (and/or WMI for Windows servers). Additionally, any SNMP OID can be added for monitoring as a custom performance counter. For the complete list of performance metrics, please refer to this article.
- How are performance metrics collected?
The On-Premise Poller collects performance data using SNMP queries (and/or WMI queries for Windows servers). Response time and packet loss are calculated using ICMP/TCP. Learn more.
- What details about services and processes are stored in Site24x7?
The process command line arguments and path are encrypted and stored in Site24x7 for performing service and process monitoring.
- What access does Site24x7 need to perform agentless monitoring?
- For the On-Premise Poller to function properly, Admin privileges are required.
- SNMP credentials of the servers are required. (SNMP Read credential is mandatory and SNMP Write credential is optional.)
- WMI credentials are required for monitoring remote Windows servers using WMI query.
- ICMP/TCP reachability from the On-Premise Poller to the target response time and packet loss calculation.
- Is configuration data stored by Site24x7?
Yes, but configuration data like credentials, customer details are encrypted and then stored in Site24x7.
- What happens to data collection during an outage or communication failure?
Users can use the High Availability setup for agentless server monitors to ensure data collection happens even during a communication failure.
If the communication is lost between the On-Premise Poller and Site24x7 Data Center, the data collection will still continue during that period in the On-Premise Poller and the collected data will be pushed to the Site24x7 Data Center once the communication is established.
- When does the Site24x7 agent declare an agentless server monitor as Down?
- When there is a server shutdown.
- During a delay in restarting the server.
- If there is a problem in the network communication of the server.
- The device/server is not able to ping from the On-Premise Poller
- Security for Network Monitoring
- Security for Server Monitoring