Troubleshooting steps if the network module does not start properly
Follow the steps below to fix Network Module-related issues. You may be able to resolve your issue in a step or two, but if not, keep moving through these steps until the issue is resolved.
Stop the On-Premise Poller, and restart it with administrator/root privileges. Wait ten minutes.
Ensure that the Network Module is downloaded properly.
- Log in to the Site24x7 web client, and navigate to Admin > On-Premise Poller.
- If the status of the Network Module is shown as Download failed, download it manually.
Even after stopping the On-Premise Poller, some processes might not have been killed properly. Check and kill all Java and Postgres processes related to On-Premise Poller.
If the above steps don't resolve your issue, there could be a chance that the database is corrupted. If so, you can reinitialize the database.
Note: Follow this step only if you've newly installed an On-Premise Poller. Do not try these if you are monitoring your network devices from the particular On-Premise Poller.
- Stop the On-Premise Poller.
- Open Command Prompt, and navigate to the home directory of the On-Premise Poller.
- From there, navigate to NetworkPlus > bin folder.
- Execute the file reinitDB.sh (Linux) or reinitDB.bat (Windows) with root/administrator privileges.
- Start the On-Premise Poller with root/administrator privileges.
- Name of the On-Premise Poller
- Logs from the following directories: