Case 1: Test Credential Failed while adding the device
When you add your NCM device for management, provide a Primary Credential and an SNMP Credential (if needed), and you will be prompted to Test Credential
before the addition. When you click this, it will provide the Ping and Test Credential
results after a few minutes.
If you find the Result is Failed, verify that:
- You've added the correct credentials and followed the right steps.
- The ports are not blocked.
- The Status of the TFTP and SCP servers is Running, if you have chosen the respective protocols.
Case 2: The Test Credential Result is Success, but the configuration backup fails
As mentioned above in Case 1, you will receive Ping and Test Credential results. Even if the results display Success, the backup may fail.
In this case:
- Check if the commands are correct in your Device Template.
- Execute them on the device.
- Verify the Status of the TFTP and SCP servers, if you have chosen the respective protocols.
Case 3: The NCM device has been added, but the backup fails
When you navigate to NCM > NCM Devices > Operations History, the backup Status will be displayed as Failed.
This could be due to the following reasons:
- The NCM device has been added without choosing the Test Credential option. This means the credentials have not been tested before the device addition. In this case, navigate to Network > NCM > NCM Credentials and click Test Now under Test Credential.
- A device that was working before is not working now. In this case, refer to the steps in Case 2.
- The Test Credential Result is Success, but the backup data is not available on the Config Summary tab. In this case:
- Upgrade the On-Premise Poller to the latest version. If it is already up-to-date, restart it manually.
- Go to Network > NCM > NCM Devices.
- Hover over the hamburger icon () next to the device name and click Backup Now.
Case 4: The device is not reachable during Test Credential
When you click Test Credential, as mentioned above, it may show that your IP Address or Host Name is not reachable. In this case, check if the device is pingable from the On-Premise Poller machine.