Moving a device from one On-Premise Poller to another
You can always change the On-Premise Poller that monitors your device when your needs demand. This feature also helps to balance the load on an existing On-Premise Poller
by moving some monitors to another On-Premise Poller.
- Log in to your Site24x7 account and go the Network tab.
icon next to the network device that has to be moved. Click Edit
- In Edit Network Device Monitor screen that opens, choose the On-Premise Poller to which the device has to be moved from the drop-down list near Location Profile.
- Click Save.
This process may take up to 10 minutes. If the data collection doesn't take place, troubleshoot using the steps below.
If the device hasn't polled after the change in On-Premise Poller, troubleshoot using these steps:
- Upgrade your On-Premise Poller to the latest version.
- Make sure that the newly associated On-Premise Poller and the network module are Up and running.
- Check if the device is reachable from the new On-Premise Poller. If the device has been added using a hostname, check if you are able to ping the hostname.
- Check if it responds to SNMP.
Restart the On-Premise Poller and wait for 10 minutes if the above steps end in vain.
If the issue persists, revert the device to the old On-Premise Poller, and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following details:
- Device name
- Name of the previous On-Premise Poller
- Name of the new On-Premise Poller
- Logs of the new On-Premise Poller
Changes to the On-Premise Poller when the account is migrated to a different data center
When an account is migrated to another data center, the Device Key of the account also changes. Because of this, the Device Key needs to be updated in the On-Premise Poller config file to ensure uninterrupted monitoring. You can find the new Device ...
How to manually upgrade an On-Premise Poller
You can upgrade an On-Premise Poller directly from the Site24x7 web console by navigating to Admin > On-Premise Poller, clicking the hamburger icon beside an On-Premise Poller, and clicking Upgrade. Learn more. If the above method of upgrade fails, ...
How secure is On-Premise Poller
On-Premise Poller: Introduction On-Premise Poller, a lightweight agent, helps to monitor your internal network and resources behind a firewall or virtual private network (VPN). You can install On-Premise Poller in various branch offices within a ...
Silent installation of Linux On-Premise Poller
Follow the steps below for the silent installation of an On-Premise Poller on a Linux server. You can also configure proxy during silent installation. Copy and paste the following commands in your terminal 64 bit OS: sudo wget ...
When I restart/activate/upgrade the On-Premise Poller, why is it not showing data immediately
The following may be one of the following reasons for data not showing up after restarting/activating/upgrading the On-Premise Poller: In cases where there is a large number of monitors pointed to the On-Premise Poller, data collection for all these ...