Methods to upgrade .NET agent
Since version 2.0, .NET agent has the capability to manage updates automatically without user intervention. Also, the MSI based installer has the capability to overwrite any existing installations while retaining the settings. There are three methods by which the .NET agent can be upgraded:
- Auto upgrade
- Manual upgrade using Site24x7 console
- Manual upgrade from user terminal
NOTE: During an upgrade, IIS will be reset. Choose a convenient schedule by selecting the day of the week and time where a short application downtime (for a couple of minutes) will be acceptable
- By default, this feature is disabled. To enable from the Site24x7 console, go to the respective APM Insight application > Click on Edit option > Edit APM Agent Configuration Profile > Enable Agent Auto-Upgrade.
- This will ensure that whenever a new version of the agent is available, it is automatically upgraded without user intervention
- Once the agent is successfully downloaded, a notification will be shown informing the date/time of the scheduled update, along with the option to cancel the scheduled update.
NOTE: Auto upgrade will only work for major version changes in agent. Minor version changes will not be covered.
Manual upgrade using Site24x7 console:
NOTE: IIS will be reset during the upgrade resulting in a short application downtime (for a couple of minutes) during the upgrade process. Choose the schedule window accordingly
- Whenever a new version of the agent goes live, a notification will be shown in the Site24x7 console, to enable upgrade from the Site24x7 console itself (if Agent Auto-upgrade is disabled)
- Click Upgrade Now and select a convenient time window to schedule the agent upgrade
- Once the agent is successfully downloaded, a notification will be shown informing the date/time of the scheduled update, along with the option to modify/cancel the scheduled update.
Manual upgrade from user terminal:
- Whenever a new version of the agent goes live, the users will be notified in the Site24x7 console. The latest agent can be downloaded from Add APM Insight monitor page
- Once the latest version has been downloaded, login to the machine where the old agent is installed
- Install the latest version by double clicking on the MSI. During installation, an option to overwrite the existing installation will be shown
- If you want to use non-UI installation, type in the command msiexec /i apminsight-dotnetagent.msi /qb editconfig=false /log apmUpgrade.log
- Proceed with the installation. It will overwrite the existing version without loss of any settings.
How to upgrade the APM Insight Java agent to the latest version that supports Java 6 and 7?
Java agent version 5.7.0 and above deprecates support for Java applications running on Java 6 and 7. Please see this community post for more details. If you don't want to upgrade to Java 8, you can stick with Java 6 or 7. Since Java agent version ...
Methods to upgrade Java agent
Java agent can be upgraded in 2 ways: Auto Upgrade Manual Upgrade Auto Upgrade: This feature is available only from version 1.9 When this feature is enabled, the latest version of the agent is automatically downloaded and deployed whenever it is made ...
Methods to upgrade Ruby agent
There are two methods using which the Ruby agent can be upgraded: Update Gem from rubygems.org Update Gem from Site24x7.com Update Gem from rubygems.org Go to the application home directory, execute command bundle update site24x7_apminsight to update ...
Methods to upgrade PHP agent (Linux/Windows)
PHP agent can be upgraded in 2 ways: Auto upgrade Manual upgrade Auto upgrade: When this feature is enabled, the latest version of the agent is automatically downloaded and deployed when it is made available After the deployment process is complete, ...
How to enable or disable application filters in the .NET Core agent?
The APM Insight .NET Core agent is designed to monitor IIS-hosted applications based on the list entered in the appfilter.config file in the agent's installation location. Irrespective of the filter, we can monitor all .NET Core applications hosted ...