Methods to upgrade Java agent
Java agent can be upgraded in 2 ways:
- Auto Upgrade
- Manual Upgrade
- This feature is available only from version 1.9
- When this feature is enabled, the latest version of the agent is automatically downloaded and deployed whenever it is made available
- After the deployment process is complete, you will be requested to restart your application server. Once the server is restarted, the updated version will come into effect
- To enable this feature, go to APM Insight > Choose your APM application > Edit option > Edit APM Agent Configuration Profile > Enable Agent Auto-Upgrade.
NOTE: Auto upgrade feature will only work for major version changes in agent. Minor changes will not be covered in this.
- By default, auto-upgrade option is disabled. When a new version of the agent is available, users will be notified in the APM Instance view.
- Users can initiate the upgrade process by clicking on Update Agent link in the above said notification. On doing so, the latest version will be downloaded and deployed
- After the deployment process is complete, you will be requested to restart your application server. Once the server is restarted, the updated version will take effect.
Steps to troubleshoot when you get NO DATA message for Java applications.
After adding APM Insight Java agent, if you get NO DATA message, it could be because of probable reasons like network issues or zero traffic in your application. Kindly read through the below given instructions to troubleshoot. Reason Cause Solution ...
How to add APM Insight Java agent without application restart?
In general, after installing the APM Insight Java agent, you have to restart your application for the agent to capture monitoring data. But in case of critical issues in the app, like sudden application slowness, where you haven't installed APM ...
What does Java agent troubleshooting operation do and what are the additional arguments that can be given?
Troubleshooting operation will perform the below mentioned checks: Checks whether agent directory has read/write operations Checks whether apminsight.conf has license key mentioned Checks whether agent state, unmanaged, deleted or managed Checks ...
Methods to upgrade .NET agent
Since version 2.0, .NET agent has the capability to manage updates automatically without user intervention. Also, the MSI based installer has the capability to overwrite any existing installations while retaining the settings. There are three methods ...
Methods to upgrade Ruby agent
There are two methods using which the Ruby agent can be upgraded: Update Gem from rubygems.org Update Gem from Site24x7.com Update Gem from rubygems.org Go to the application home directory, execute command bundle update site24x7_apminsight to update ...