Methods to upgrade Java agent
Java agent can be upgraded in 2 ways:
- Auto Upgrade
- Manual Upgrade
- This feature is available only from version 1.9
- When this feature is enabled, the latest version of the agent is automatically downloaded and deployed whenever it is made available
- After the deployment process is complete, you will be requested to restart your application server. Once the server is restarted, the updated version will come into effect
- To enable this feature, go to APM Insight > Choose your APM application > Edit option > Edit APM Agent Configuration Profile > Enable Agent Auto-Upgrade.
NOTE: Auto upgrade feature will only work for major version changes in agent. Minor changes will not be covered in this.
- By default, auto-upgrade option is disabled. When a new version of the agent is available, users will be notified in the APM Instance view.
- Users can initiate the upgrade process by clicking on Update Agent link in the above said notification. On doing so, the latest version will be downloaded and deployed
- After the deployment process is complete, you will be requested to restart your application server. Once the server is restarted, the updated version will take effect.
How to upgrade the APM Insight Java agent to the latest version that supports Java 6 and 7?
Java agent version 5.7.0 and above deprecates support for Java applications running on Java 6 and 7. Please see this community post for more details. If you don't want to upgrade to Java 8, you can stick with Java 6 or 7. Since Java agent version ...
Prerequisites for Java agent installation
For a smooth Java agent installation, ensure that you've fulfilled the following prerequisites. The environment should have Java version 8 or above installed. The application user should have full permissions over the agent directory. The server ...
Steps to troubleshoot when you get NO DATA message for Java applications.
After adding APM Insight Java agent, if you get NO DATA message, it could be because of probable reasons like network issues or zero traffic in your application. Kindly read through the below given instructions to troubleshoot. Reason Cause Solution ...
How to enable or disable thread profiling in the Java agent?
The APM Insight Java agent v5.6 is designed to enable thread profiling by default and runs every eight hours (since JVM start) for five minutes to identify and instrument the slow methods in your application. You can also disable thread profiling by ...
Methods to upgrade .NET agent
Since version 2.0, .NET agent has the capability to manage updates automatically without user intervention. Also, the MSI based installer has the capability to overwrite any existing installations while retaining the settings. There are three methods ...