How do I add the Dell iDRAC plugin for Windows?
- Install the latest version of the Net-SNMP package. Follow these steps to install and configure it.
- Install Python 3.6.
- Create a folder named idrac.
- Download the files from our GitHub repository and place them in the idrac folder.
Note: When adding the files, ensure the plugin name and folder name are identical.
- To check if the plugin is working, execute the command below with appropriate arguments and check for a valid JSON output with applicable metrics and their corresponding value.
idrac.py --hostname 10.19.1.0 --community public --version 2c
- Add the applicable configurations in the idrac.cfg file.
hostname = 'hostname'
snmp_version = '2c'
snmp_community_str = 'public'
- To run a Python script in a Windows server, follow these steps.
- Move the idrac folder to the Site24x7 Windows server monitoring plugins directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\plugins\
The steps above apply to all the iDRAC plugins (idrac_battery, idrac_memory, idrac_fan, idrac_pdisk, idrac_powerunit, idrac_powersource, idrac_cpu, idrac_sensor, idrac_vdisk). Visit the iDRAC plugins webpage
and follow the links to download the respective iDRAC plugin and install it.
Install and configure an Oracle plugin in Windows
Prerequisites Ensure that the Site24x7 Windows server monitoring agent is installed in the system where the Oracle instance is running. Ensure python3 is installed in the system and add it to the Windows path. Refer to the link below for adding ...
Install the Net-SNMP package in Windows for SNMP-based plugins (iDRAC and HP iLO)
Installing the Net-SNMP package is an essential prerequisite for configuring SNMP-based plugins like Dell iDRAC and HP iLO. Follow the steps below to install the Net-SNMP package, set the path of Net-SNMP, and test SNMP walk. Download and install the ...
How to troubleshoot my Windows PowerShell Plugin?
By default, the Site24x7 monitoring Windows agent will run as a SYSTEM user. In case, if you would like to verify if the plugin script is giving the output properly as SYSTEM user, follow these steps: Download PsExec from this link and extract the ...
How to view perfmon counters in Windows?
To monitor specific Windows performance (perfmon) counters with Site24x7's plugin integration, you need to get the names of the performance counters from the Windows Performance Monitor on your server. Follow the steps below to get the names of the ...
Add a new Windows plugin
Our open eco system for plugins give you the flexibility to create your own plugins and monitor data that you need, the way you want. You can also set thresholds to individual attributes and choose to get alerted if the set values exceed. 10 plugins ...