Run python plugin scripts in Windows servers
There are two methods to add Python to Windows path:
- Via the installation of a recent version of Python
- Manual entry of the paths
Via the installation of a recent version of Python:
- Download a recent version of Python.
- Check the option Add Python to PATH during the installation.
Note: Uninstall your previous version of Python if needed.
Manual entry of the paths:
If you want to use the existing version of Python you have, you can manually add Python to Windows path.
- Open Run.
- Type sysdm.cpl and press Ok.
- Click the Advanced tab > Environment Variables.
- In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit.
- If the PATH (or path) environment variable does not exist, click New. In the New User Variable window, type Path for Variable Name and for the Variable Value, enter the full Python application path followed by a semicolon and the Python Scripts path.
Note: The Python application path is the folder where you originally installed Python. The Python Scripts path is the folder located within the Python application path.
- Press OK and you will see the new Python Path under the User variables section.
You’ll now be able to install python plugin script in Windows servers. Before adding the plugin, please execute the python script and ensure the output is in JSON format.
Install and configure an Oracle plugin in Windows
Prerequisites Ensure that the Site24x7 Windows server monitoring agent is installed in the system where the Oracle instance is running. Ensure python3 is installed in the system and add it to the Windows path. Refer to the link below for adding ...
How to troubleshoot my Windows PowerShell Plugin?
By default, the Site24x7 monitoring Windows agent will run as a SYSTEM user. In case, if you would like to verify if the plugin script is giving the output properly as SYSTEM user, follow these steps: Download PsExec from this link and extract the ...
How do I add the Dell iDRAC plugin for Windows?
Prerequisites Install the latest version of the Net-SNMP package. Follow these steps to install and configure it. Install Python 3.6. Plugin Installation Create a folder named idrac. Download the files from our GitHub repository and place them in the ...
Updating the Python path in a plugin script for Linux servers
If you are installing a Python plugin in Linux servers, ensure you update the correct Python path in the .py plugin script that you have downloaded from our GitHub repository. Follow the steps below to update the correct Python path in the plugin ...
How to view perfmon counters in Windows?
To monitor specific Windows performance (perfmon) counters with Site24x7's plugin integration, you need to get the names of the performance counters from the Windows Performance Monitor on your server. Follow the steps below to get the names of the ...