Run python plugin scripts in Windows servers
There are two methods to add Python to Windows path:
- Via the installation of a recent version of Python
- Manual entry of the paths
Via the installation of a recent version of Python:
- Download a recent version of Python.
- Check the option Add Python to PATH during the installation.
Note: Uninstall your previous version of Python if needed.
Manual entry of the paths:
If you want to use the existing version of Python you have, you can manually add Python to Windows path.
- Open Run.
- Type sysdm.cpl and press Ok.
- Click the Advanced tab > Environment Variables.
- In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit.
- If the PATH (or path) environment variable does not exist, click New. In the New User Variable window, type Path for Variable Name and for the Variable Value, enter the full Python application path followed by a semicolon and the Python Scripts path.
Note: The Python application path is the folder where you originally installed Python. The Python Scripts path is the folder located within the Python application path.
- Press OK and you will see the new Python Path under the User variables section.
You’ll now be able to install python plugin script in Windows servers. Before adding the plugin, please execute the python script and ensure the output is in JSON format.
How to troubleshoot my Windows PowerShell Plugin?
By default, the Site24x7 monitoring Windows agent will run as a SYSTEM user. In case, if you would like to verify if the plugin script is giving the output properly as SYSTEM user, follow these steps: Download PsExec from this link and extract the ...
How do I add the Dell iDRAC plugin for Windows?
Prerequisites Ensure that the following prerequisites are met before using the iDRAC plugin for Windows: Install the latest version of the Net-SNMP package. Follow the steps in this document to configure SNMP agents in your Windows Server. Supported ...
Why is my MySQL plugin not getting added to Site24x7?
Agent Requirements: The Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0 The Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the network or on the specific host where the MySQL instance is running. If you are running the plugin ...
How do we verify the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent script?
All the scripts and executables in the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent are digitally signed. To verify the digital signature, we compare the certificate name and the serial number of the digital signature associated with the script with ...
How do you enable or disable Management Actions in your Windows server?
Management Actions can be used to start or stop VM configurations in a Hyper-V server, services in a Windows server, or sites and application pools in an IIS server. These actions can't be performed if Management Actions is disabled in the server ...