How to check if TLS 1.2 is enabled?
- If the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client\DisabledByDefault is present, the value should be 0.
- If the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client\Enabled is present, value should be 1.
- Check if TLS 1.2 is set as the default secure protocol in WinHTTP for Windows versions Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 7.
How to check if TLS 1.2 is the default secure protocol in WinHTTP:
Compatible versions: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, and Windows 7
- Check Microsoft update 'kb3140245' is installed.
- Check if the below registry key contains the value '0x00000A00' or '0x00000800':
- If it is a 64 bit machine, check 'Wow6432Node' path also:
If the registry key is not present, please add the registry key as mentioned in the Microsoft document
How to check if IPSLA is enabled on a network device
From the machine in which your Site24x7 On-Premise Poller is installed, open the Command Prompt as an administrator (Windows) or the Terminal with root privileges (Linux). Go to the directory where the On-Premise Poller is installed. Navigate to the ...
FAQs on upgrading to TLS version 1.2
What is TLS? TLS is a secure way of client-server data communication. The TLS protocol protects the confidentiality and integrity of the information passed between two systems. Why migrate to TLS version 1.2? As Site24x7 is a SaaS-based product, it ...
List of IPv6 enabled Monitors in Site24x7
The following Site24x7 Internet facing monitors enable you to test your IT infrastructure over our 60+ IPv6 enabled locations: Website Web Application (URL-Sequence) Port (Custom Protocol) POP Server SMTP Server Ping DNS Server FTP Server ...
Why is my Windows server monitor in DOWN status, even after enabling TLS version 1.2
If the OS version is Windows 2008 R2 & above, check if: https://fancyssl.hboeck.de/ is accessible in IE from that server. The machine is rebooted after applying the TLS 1.2 Microsoft update. All the steps (particularly steps 5 & 6) mentioned in this ...
Troubleshooting steps if a resource check is not added or when no alerts are received when a check fails
Common points to be remembered: Ensure the option Alert when a resource check fails is set to Yes in the associated server's threshold profile to trigger a TROUBLE alert for the configured check. Check if you have sufficient licensing. The total ...