Why is my MySQL plugin not getting added to Site24x7?
- The Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0
- The Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the network or on the specific host where the MySQL instance is running.
- If you are running the plugin in Windows, refer this article to know how to run python scripts in Windows servers.
- While adding a plugin, the name of the plugin file and its folder should be identical.
- Execute the plugin using the command
If you get a valid output, try re-registering the plugin from the Site24x7 web client.
- For Linux: The dependency module 'pymysql' should be correctly installed.
- For Windows: Python 3 and python Mysql connecter should be installed in the server where you plan to run the plugin. Know how to add Python to Windows PATH.
- Ensure correct login credentials are given. For example, make sure the MySQL database is probably listed on the localhost address or access is given to login via localhost.
- Test if you are able to connect the MySQL with the specified user. If you are using a password for that user, then edit the password section in the plugin script.
- Ensure netstat command is installed to get the socket path. Execute the below command and get the socket path:
mysqladmin variables | grep socket
Generally, it would be /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Configure this value for the key : 'MYSQL_SOCKET' in the mysql.py python script and check if you are able to connect.
If the issue still persists, execute the plugin using the command python mysql.py
and share the output as a screenshot with firstname.lastname@example.org
Troubleshoot connection errors in the MySQL plugin
When configuring the MySQL plugin, you may encounter the following errors: Error : Connection Error - This error typically indicates that there is a problem establishing a connection to the database. Sometimes, this message is supplemented with an ...
Troubleshoot the "pymysql module not found" error when installing the MySQL plugin
If you're encountering the pymysql module not found error, it likely means that the pymysql Python library is not installed on the server. pymysql is a Python package that provides a way to interact with MySQL databases using Python code and is used ...
How to troubleshoot my Windows PowerShell Plugin?
By default, the Site24x7 monitoring Windows agent will run as a SYSTEM user. In case, if you would like to verify if the plugin script is giving the output properly as SYSTEM user, follow these steps: Download PsExec from this link and extract the ...
MySQL monitoring FAQs
Please find below some common FAQ's related to MySQL monitoring from Site24x7: Does Site24x7 need write permission to access databases? No. Site24x7 needs SELECT permission for performance_schema, information_schema, and EXECUTE permission for sys ...
Monitor multiple MySQL instances from one plugin
You can monitor multiple MySQL instances using a single plugin. You can configure the input data like the MySQL hostname, password, and other details in the mysql.cfg file. This enables multiple instance monitoring using the same plugin without ...