Why is my MySQL plugin not getting added to Site24x7?
- The Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0
- The Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the network or on the specific host where the MySQL instance is running.
- If you are running the plugin in Windows, refer this article to know how to run python scripts in Windows servers.
- While adding a plugin, the name of the plugin file and its folder should be identical.
- Execute the plugin using the command
If you get a valid output, try re-registering the plugin from the Site24x7 web client.
- For Linux: The dependency module 'pymysql' should be correctly installed.
- For Windows: Python 3 and python Mysql connecter should be installed in the server where you plan to run the plugin. Know how to add Python to Windows PATH.
- Ensure correct login credentials are given. For example, make sure the MySQL database is probably listed on the localhost address or access is given to login via localhost.
- Test if you are able to connect the MySQL with the specified user. If you are using a password for that user, then edit the password section in the plugin script.
- Ensure netstat command is installed to get the socket path. Execute the below command and get the socket path:
mysqladmin variables | grep socket
Generally, it would be /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Configure this value for the key : 'MYSQL_SOCKET' in the mysql.py python script and check if you are able to connect.
If the issue still persists, execute the plugin using the command python mysql.py
and share the output as a screenshot with firstname.lastname@example.org
How to troubleshoot my Windows PowerShell Plugin?
By default, the Site24x7 monitoring Windows agent will run as a SYSTEM user. In case, if you would like to verify if the plugin script is giving the output properly as SYSTEM user, follow these steps: Download PsExec from this link and extract the ...
Monitor multiple MySQL instances from one plugin
You can monitor multiple MySQL instances using a single plugin. You can configure the input data like the MySQL hostname, password, and other details in the mysql.cfg file. This enables multiple instance monitoring using the same plugin without ...
What is a plugin template and a plugin monitor?
Plugin Template:A plugin template is a set of attributes to be monitored. Example: mysql.py file consisting of attributes like slow queries, reads, writes etc Plugin Monitor: A monitor that uses a plugin template for monitoring purposes Example: The ...
APM Insight monitor not getting added to my account
The most probable reason will be a wrong license key used while adding the agent. Check if you have added the agent in the application with the correct license key. If you have used the correct license key and still the monitor is not getting added, ...
Possible reasons why my Linux plugin has not been added to my Site24x7 account
Check if the Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0. You can check your agent version in the Summary tab of your server monitor, below the display name. The python directory path installed in the user's machine should match the path ...