Why is my MySQL plugin not getting added to Site24x7?
- The Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0
- The Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the network or on the specific host where the MySQL instance is running.
- If you are running the plugin in Windows, refer this article to know how to run python scripts in Windows servers.
- While adding a plugin, the name of the plugin file and its folder should be identical.
- Execute the plugin using the command
If you get a valid output, try re-registering the plugin from the Site24x7 web client.
- For Linux: The dependency module 'pymysql' should be correctly installed.
- For Windows: Python 3 and python Mysql connecter should be installed in the server where you plan to run the plugin. Know how to add Python to Windows PATH.
- Ensure correct login credentials are given. For example, make sure the MySQL database is probably listed on the localhost address or access is given to login via localhost.
- Test if you are able to connect the MySQL with the specified user. If you are using a password for that user, then edit the password section in the plugin script.
- Ensure netstat command is installed to get the socket path. Execute the below command and get the socket path:
mysqladmin variables | grep socket
Generally, it would be /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Configure this value for the key : 'MYSQL_SOCKET' in the mysql.py python script and check if you are able to connect.
If the issue still persists, execute the plugin using the command python mysql.py
and share the output as a screenshot with firstname.lastname@example.org
Troubleshoot connection errors in the MySQL plugin
When configuring the MySQL plugin, you may encounter the following errors: Error : Connection Error - This error typically indicates that there is a problem establishing a connection to the database. Sometimes, this message is supplemented with an ...
APM Insight monitor not getting added to my account
The most probable reason will be a wrong license key used while adding the agent. Check if you have added the agent in the application with the correct license key. If you have used the correct license key and still the monitor is not getting added, ...
Troubleshoot the "pymysql module not found" error when installing the MySQL plugin
If you're encountering the pymysql module not found error, it likely means that the pymysql Python library is not installed on the server. pymysql is a Python package that provides a way to interact with MySQL databases using Python code and is used ...
How is MySQL added for monitoring in Site24x7?
Site24x7 uses the server monitoring agent to monitor MySQL databases. To install the Site24x7 Server monitoring agent, follow the below steps: Log in to Site24x7. Install the Linux Server monitoring agent by navigating to Server > Server Monitor > ...
Why is my MySQL monitor not discovered?
If your MySQL is not getting discovered, you cannot add your MySQL, you are unable to add MySQL server for monitoring, or unable to view your MySQL resources, try discovering your resources by navigating to Server > Server Monitor > Rediscover ...