Troubleshooting steps if a device is not being added or the monitor shows Discovery in progress for more than five minutes
If a device is not being added:
- Check if the On-Premise Poller and the Network module are Up. Learn more.
- Check whether the device you’re trying to add is reachable from the machine the On-Premise Poller is installed on.
- Check if the device is responding to SNMP queries.
- If the SNMP reachability test is a success, check whether the SNMP credentials added in Site24x7 are correct. If not, edit and save the credentials or add new credentials, then try to add the device again.
- If all the above steps fail, try to add the device again using the Add Network option using Start IP and End IP.
If the monitor shows "Discovery in progress" for more than five minutes:
- Try the Resync device option. Go to Network > Network Device and click the hamburger icon next to the network device that has to be resynced. Click Resync device.
- If the above option doesn't help, delete the device and re-add it.
View the devices that couldn't be discovered from Home > Help Assistant > Incomplete Setup.
Since a few devices have a system object identifier (sysOID) or device identifier that’s similar to those used by Linux, they may be classified as servers and get added as Agentless Server monitors. In this case, follow the steps below:
- Delete the newly discovered Agentless Server monitor.
- Go to Admin > Inventory > Add Monitor > Network Device.
- Once the Network Discovery page displays, choose the On-Premise Poller and add the credentials. In step 3, provide the IP/Host Name of the device and choose a device template. This will discover and associate the new device to the chosen device template.
- Name of the device
- Name of the On-Premise Poller
Associate a device template to my network monitor
In cases where even after successfully adding a network monitor, a device is discovered as unknown, a device template can be added and associated with that network device. Both Default and Custom Templates can be associated with the network devices. ...
Troubleshooting steps if a network device shows a configuration error or is discovered as unknown
A device shows a configuration error or is listed as unknown if: The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) credential entered is incorrect. The device is not responding to SNMP requests. A device template is not associated. Go to Network > ...
Add a device template to my network monitor
If there is no preset template corresponding to your device, you can create one based on your need. Log into your Site24x7 account and navigate to Network > Device Templates. In the Device Templates screen, click Add Device Template, located at the ...
Moving a device from one On-Premise Poller to another
You can always change the On-Premise Poller that monitors your device when your needs demand. This feature also helps to balance the load on an existing On-Premise Poller by moving some monitors to another On-Premise Poller. Log in to your Site24x7 ...
Device types supported for Network Monitoring
Currently, Site24x7 Network Monitoring supports VPN Firewall Switch Router Load Balancer WAN Accelerator Wireless UPS Printer Storage You can also monitor any device with SNMP support.