Troubleshooting steps if a device is not being added or the monitor shows Discovery in progress for more than five minutes
If a device is not being added:
- Check if the On-Premise Poller and the Network module are Up. Learn more.
- Check whether the device you’re trying to add is reachable from the machine the On-Premise Poller is installed on.
- Check if the device is responding to SNMP queries.
- If the SNMP reachability test is a success, check whether the SNMP credentials added in Site24x7 are correct. If not, edit and save the credentials or add new credentials, then try to add the device again.
- If all the above steps fail, try to add the device again using the Add Network option using Start IP and End IP.
If the monitor shows "Discovery in progress" for more than five minutes:
- Try the Resync device option. Go to Network > Network Device and click the hamburger icon next to the network device that has to be resynced. Click Resync device.
- If the above option doesn't help, delete the device and re-add it.
View the devices that couldn't be discovered from Home > Help Assistant > Incomplete Setup.
Since a few devices have a system object identifier (sysOID) or device identifier that’s similar to those used by Linux, they may be classified as servers and get added as Agentless Server monitors. In this case, follow the steps below:
- Delete the newly discovered Agentless Server monitor.
- Go to Admin > Inventory > Add Monitor > Network Device.
- Once the Network Discovery page displays, choose the On-Premise Poller and add the credentials. In step 3, provide the IP/Host Name of the device and choose a device template. This will discover and associate the new device to the chosen device template.
- Name of the device
- Name of the On-Premise Poller