Possible reasons why my Linux plugin has not been added to my Site24x7 account
- Check if the Site24x7 Linux monitoring agent version is above 15.0.0. You can check your agent version in the Summary tab of your server monitor, below the display name.
- The python directory path installed in the user's machine should match the path mentioned in the plugin script.
- Replace the shebang character "#!" with the appropriate path for Python 3 in your system.
Eg : #!/usr/local/bin/python3
- Check if the dependency modules are installed for the python version used to execute the plugin script.
Eg: MySQL - pymysql module should be installed
- Check if the plugin monitor is moved to the Ignored List. This happens when there is a configuration error while adding the plugin. Learn more.
- The authentication credentials, which are required for certain plugins (MySQL, Redis, HAProxy), should be updated correctly
Eg: While configuring MySQL plugin, make sure the following credentials are updated appropriately:
MYSQL_HOST = "localhost"
- The python or the shell script should contain atleast one numeric attribute for successfully adding a plugin for monitoring.
- Any application which is down will not be registered as a plugin since no attributes can be collected for monitoring.
- If the configured script does not deliver the expected format, the plugin file will automatically be moved to the Ignore list. To check that, log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Server Monitor > Servers > click on the Linux monitor > Plugins > under Inventory > click on the reload icon to try adding the plugin again for monitoring.
Note: The user can check the ignore list in the plugins.txt file present in the plugins directory
- Ensure the plugin script is placed correctly in its respective plugin folder.
For eg., For a MySQL plugin, the mysql.py file should be placed under the MySQL folder.
- Make sure the name of the file and the folder name, both are identical.
Eg: If the name of the file is pluginmonitor.py, the folder name should be pluginmonitor
- The file name should not exceed 30 characters. The file name and the folder name should contain only alphanumeric characters and the special character underscore (_) without any spacing between them.
- In cases where multiple plugin versions are available for a plugin across multiple servers, the user should use only the latest version or above for registering any new plugin in another server.
Eg: Instances of MySQL plugin are present in server A and B with versions 1 and 2 respectively. So, if the user wants to add another instance of MySQL to another server C, then the version specified in the plugin script should be version 2 or above.
Possible reasons why my Windows plugin is not added to my account
The following are the possible list of cases where a Windows plugin monitor will not be configured to your Site24x7 account: Check if the version of the Site24x7 Windows monitoring agent is above 15.5.0 Ensure script is in Batch, VB, PowerShell or ...
Possible reasons why your Nagios plugin is not working
Possible Reasons Troubleshooting Tips The performance data format is not in the supported format* Please ensure the performance data is defined in the following format: 'label'=value[UOM];[warn];[crit];[min];[max] Refer this documentation You get ...
Possible reasons for an agent communication failure
When there is a failure in the agent communication, you will get a message, "Agent service <name> could not establish communication with the Server. Please check if there is a problem with the Network Communication. This could also happen if the ...
Possible reasons why a disk partition is not added to Site24x7 for monitoring
Only the first 25 disk partitions will be added for monitoring. Linux: For Linux, only the local disk partitions present while executing the following command will be added: df -l -T Read this article to know how disk utilization is calculated for a ...
Adding On-Premise Poller on a Linux platform
If your machine has SELinux configured, it needs to be temporarily disabled for the On-Premise Poller installation to be successful. To disable SELinux: Open a Terminal with root privileges and execute this command: setenforce 0 To add an On-Premise ...