How to manually upgrade an On-Premise Poller
You can upgrade an On-Premise Poller directly from the Site24x7 web console by navigating to Admin
> On-Premise Poller
, clicking the hamburger icon beside an On-Premise Poller, and clicking Upgrade
. Learn more.
If the above method of upgrade fails, try the steps below:
- Download the suitable upgrade package:
Windows: 64 bit | 32 bit
Linux: 64 bit | 32 bit
- Stop the On-Premise Poller.
Windows: Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Under Administrative Tools, click Services. You can also navigate to services.msc from Run. Stop the Site24x7 On-Premise Poller service as an administrator.
Linux: Execute the command sh StopServer.sh -force
- Make a backup of the entire installation directory. The installation directory is named Site24x7OnPremisePoller.
The default directories for installing the On-Premise Poller are as follows:
Windows: C:\Program Files(x86)\Site24x7OnPremisePoller
- Extract the downloaded zip file in the root of the On-Premise Poller installation directory mentioned above.
- There may be existing files. If you're prompted to overwrite existing files, overwrite them.
- If the logs.old directory exists, move the logs directory to the logs.old directory. If the logs.old directory do not exist, rename the logs directory to logs.old directory. This ensures that only the new version's logs are present in the logs directory.
- Change the JRE for On-Premise Poller versions below 5.0.0 by renaming the directories, jre to jre.old and jre_latest to jre
- (Optional) If the reports.old directory exists, move the reports directory to the reports.old directory. If the reports.old directory do not exist, rename the reports directory to reports.old directory. On moving, monitoring data pending to be sent to Site24x7 servers will be lost.
- Restart the On-Premise Poller.
Windows: Go to services.msc > start the service SITE24X7_ONPREMISEMONITOR
Linux: Execute the command sh StartServer.sh &
- Go to Admin > On-Premise Poller and check if the On-Premise Poller has upgraded. The version number will be specified for each On-Premise Poller beside its name.
Once the On-Premise Poller is restarted, the monitors will start polling.
Suspend the existing On-Premise Poller and upgrade to suppress the alerts displayed when On-Premise Pollers are Down.
Upgrading On-Premise Poller to the latest version
Go to Admin > On-Premise Poller in the Site24x7 web client Click on the name of the On-Premise Poller In the dashboard that opens up, click upgrade to the latest version Confirm it in the pop-up The latest version of the On-Premise Poller will be ...
When I restart/activate/upgrade the On-Premise Poller, why is it not showing data immediately
The following may be one of the following reasons for data not showing up after restarting/activating/upgrading the On-Premise Poller: In cases where there is a large number of monitors pointed to the On-Premise Poller, data collection for all these ...
How do I manually change the IP address or hostname of On-Premise Poller?
You can manually change the On-Premise Poller's IP address or hostname by following the steps below. Stop the On-Premise Poller service. Windows: Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Under Administrative Tools, click Services. You can also ...
Moving a device from one On-Premise Poller to another
You can always change the On-Premise Poller that monitors your device when your needs demand. This feature also helps to balance the load on an existing On-Premise Poller by moving some monitors to another On-Premise Poller. Log in to your Site24x7 ...
How secure is On-Premise Poller
On-Premise Poller: Introduction On-Premise Poller, a lightweight agent, helps to monitor your internal network and resources behind a firewall or virtual private network (VPN). You can install On-Premise Poller in various branch offices within a ...