How to manually upgrade an On-Premise Poller
You can upgrade an On-Premise Poller directly from the Site24x7 web console by navigating to Admin > On-Premise Poller, clicking the hamburger icon beside an On-Premise Poller, and clicking Upgrade. If this upgrade fails, try using the steps below:
- Download the suitable upgrade package:
Windows: 64 bit | 32 bit
Linux: 64 bit | 32 bit
- Stop the On-Premise Poller.
Windows: Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Under Administrative Tools, click Services. You can also navigate to services.msc from Run. Stop the Site24x7 On-Premise Poller service as an administrator.
Linux: Execute the command sh StopServer.sh -force
- Make a backup of the entire installation directory. The installation directory is named Site24x7OnPremisePoller.
The default directories for installing the On-Premise Poller are as follows:
Windows: C:\Program Files(x86)\Site24x7OnPremisePoller
- Extract the downloaded zip file in the root of the On-Premise Poller installation directory mentioned above.
- There may be existing files. If you're prompted to overwrite existing files, overwrite them.
- Move the logs folder to the logs.old directory so only the new version's logs will be in the logs directory.
- (Optional) Move the reports to the reports.old directory. On moving, monitoring data pending to be sent to Site24x7 servers will be lost.
- Restart the On-Premise Poller.
Windows: Go to services.msc > start the service SITE24X7_ONPREMISEMONITOR
Linux: Execute the command sh StartServer.sh &
- Go to Admin > On-Premise Poller and check if the On-Premise Poller has upgraded. The version number will be specified for each On-Premise Poller beside its name.
Once the On-Premise Poller is restarted, the monitors will start polling.