Server monitoring agent upgrade
Agent upgrades can be manual or automatic. The current agent version used by the server monitor can be found under the monitor's display name.
Note: The upgrade process is done in batches and will be carried out only for major releases. The usual time frame is one month from the date of the new agent version's release.
When a new agent version is released, this would be communicated under the Summary
> Server Monitor
> click on the monitor) in the Site24x7 web client. Click on Upgrade agent to the latest version
to start upgrade. Have a look at the agent release notes
for more information.
Note: The option to upgrade manually would appear only if auto upgrade is set as No.
How does upgrade take place?
For Windows, the process behind upgrading the agent is as follows:
- The new version is downloaded.
- A back up of the old version is taken.
- The old agent is uninstalled.
- The new version is installed and the config files in the old version is replaced with the new version.
For Linux/FreeBSD server agents, the process is as follows:
- The version of the agent is downloaded.
- The new agent version is unzipped and replaced.
- Linux/FreeBSD agent is restarted.
For OS X agent, the process is as follows:
- The new version of the agent is downloaded.
- A back up of the existing agent version is created.
- The new version is unzipped.
- The config files in the old version is replaced with the new version.
- The back up data is deleted.
- OS X agent is restarted.
You can also bulk upgrade the server monitoring agent for multiple servers in one go. Learn more