Traffic from Site24x7 Web Transaction (Browser) monitor can be excluded in a couple of ways.
1. By creating a filter for Site24x7 unique browser version in Google Analytics
Configuring a filter in Google Analytics console and excluding it from being shown in the Google Analytics View, is one of the best ways to exclude traffic from page tracking services. In Web Transaction (Browser), the version of the Firefox browser that plays back the recorded transaction has a unique minor version [dot]247. In the Google Analytics console, you can exclude this minor-version. 247 while tracking website visits.
Follow the below steps to configure the Google Analytics console:
Log in to google.com/analytics
and navigate to Admin
> All Filters
> Add Filter
and configure the following details.
- Filter Name: Robot Traffic Site24x7
Filter Type: Custom Filter and select Exclude
Filter Field: Browser Version
Filter Pattern: \.247$
However, if you've specified a custom user agent (browser and version) in your Web Transaction (Browser) monitor setup form, you might have to provide the exact Filter Pattern in the form field here, in order to exclude robot traffic from Site24x7.
Once the details are provided, save and Apply to all "Views" that will be monitored with Site24x7. Refer the below screenshot.
2. By Blocking domains in the Site24x7 Web client
Another option is to block Site24x7 from making a request itself to your webpage/web application using Block Domains option. Block Domains option lets you configure multiple domain names that you want Site24x7 to ignore or not execute during monitoring. This can be achieved at a Monitor-level or Account-level.
Follow the below steps.
- Log In and navigate to Web > Web Transaction (Browser)
- After selecting your configured Web Transaction (Browser) Monitor, hover over the hamburger icon and click Edit.
- In the Edit mode, click Block Domains. You'll be prompted with a dialogue box asking you to update the URL at the Monitor level or Account level. You can specify multiple domains at Monitor and Account level. In the Account-level Block list, enter the domain name google-analytics.com
- Click Save to proceed. Once done, Save the monitor configuration.
If you've specified the block domain(s) at Monitor level, the Google Analytics traffic gets excluded from the specified monitor alone. However, if you've specified the domain(s) at the Account level, the traffic gets excluded from all the monitors in your Site24x7 account.