FAQs related to Windows Service monitoring
- If few monitors are not getting added:
- Check for corresponding Windows service in the APM Insight .NET agent configuration tool
>Windows services tab.
- Select the windows services that you want to monitor.
- Click Save.
- Restart the selected Windows Services.
- Check for data in Site24x7 console.
- If all monitors are not getting added:
- Check your machine for any internet proxy configurations .
- If you have any proxy configured, add the proxy details in the.NET agent configuration tool> Agent Edit Configuration .
- Restart the agent service and perform transactions.
- If the monitors are not listed, check the health monitor tool and share the diagnostic zip file with firstname.lastname@example.org
- No data in Windows Service monitor
- By default, only the framework methods like OnStart, OnStop for the windows service process are instrumented. You can use Custom Instrumentation to track more methods in your windows service process.
- Trace is not getting collected
- Traces will be collected when the transactions response time/execution time exceeds the transaction tracing threshold.
- By default, the transaction tracing threshold will be 2 secs.
- Reduce it to some minimal value to collect more traces.