Troubleshooting tips for Quota violation and WMI error while running WMI queries and scripts
While running a script or WMI query, you may get the error message "Quota violation". This can be because the WMI provider service may have reached its quota limit.
Troubleshoot by following the below steps:
- Go to Start > Run > type wbemtest.exe
- Enter as root in the Namespace field. Click Connect.
- Click on Enum Instances
- In the Class Info window, enter the Superclass Name as __ProviderHostQuotaConfiguration. Click OK.
Note: the Superclass name includes a double underscore at the front.
- Next, double click on __ProviderHostQuotaConfiguration=@ in the Query Result window
- In the Object Editor window, double-click on the property name for which you want to change the quota.
- Enter the Value as 536870912 (512 MB) for XP and Windows 2003; for Windows Vista, enter the value as 805306368 (768), then move to 1073741824 (1024) if you still need space.
- Click on Save Property. Click on Save Object.
- Restart your system.
Checking WMI reachability
To check WMI reachability From your Windows machine, go to Start > Run > wbemtest.exe and run it as an administrator. In the Windows Management Instrumentation Tester screen, click Connect. Enter the following in the Connect screen: NameSpace: Enter ...
Error message "Invalid WMI class" on computers running on Windows 7 or Windows server 2008 R2
WMI is a component that is used for collecting metrics like CPU/memory/disk usage in the server. If the WMI component is corrupted, it will not be able to collect any data from the server. Please perform the following steps to check if the WMI ...
How are the metrics calculated in agentless server monitoring?
SNMP server monitoring Metrics such as CPU, Memory, and Disk utilization are collected via SNMP using the OIDs given below: Attribute OID CPU .220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.3.1.2 Memory .22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.1.2 Disk .188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.3.1.6 Free Disk Space (MB) ...
Troubleshooting steps for On-Premise Poller
Prerequisites and basic details: Prerequisites for installing On-Premise Poller Necessary ports to allow access to the installed On-Premise Poller How secure is On-Premise Poller Amount of bandwidth consumed by the On-Premise Poller software Adding ...
How to collect Applications and Services Logs from Windows event logs
Site24x7 AppLogs uses the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) query on the Site24x7 Server Monitoring agent to fetch event logs. The WMI module requires the registry entry below to read the event logs from the Applications and Services Log ...