Troubleshooting steps if no data is seen/available for a Windows server monitor
As we use WMI queries to fetch data for a Windows server monitor, please check if the related counters are working properly. Please follow the steps below:
- Open the server machine in which the issue is occurring.
- Check if the WMI repository is corrupted.
- Open Run and type wbemtest
- Click Connect. In the Namespace, type "root\cimv2" and click Connect
- Select the Query button.
- Enter the query and click Apply.
Eg: Select Name,PercentProcessorTime from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor
- In the Query Result window, if it throws an error, follow step 3.
- Execute the following commands in cmd:
Restart the agent.
- winmgmt /verifyrepository - to verify if the repository is corrupted. If the result is inconsistent, execute the next command
- winmgmt /salvagerepository - to fix the issue
- winmgmt /verifyrepository - to check if the issue has been fixed
Troubleshooting steps for On-Premise Poller
Prerequisites and basic details: Prerequisites for installing On-Premise Poller Necessary ports to allow access to the installed On-Premise Poller How secure is On-Premise Poller Amount of bandwidth consumed by the On-Premise Poller software Adding ...
How do we verify the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent script?
All the scripts and executables in the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent are digitally signed. To verify the digital signature, we compare the certificate name and the serial number of the digital signature associated with the script with our ...
How to view perfmon counters in Windows?
To monitor specific Windows performance (perfmon) counters with Site24x7's plugin integration, you need to get the names of the performance counters from the Windows Performance Monitor on your server. Follow the steps below to get the names of the ...
How do you enable or disable Management Actions in your Windows server?
Management Actions can be used to start or stop VM configurations in a Hyper-V server, services in a Windows server, or sites and application pools in an IIS server. These actions can't be performed if Management Actions is disabled in the server ...
Troubleshooting steps when no data is received from the SQL server
As we use "Perfmon" to fetch data for Microsoft SQL monitoring, please check if the counters related to SQL are present in the user's perfmon. Please follow the steps below: Open the server machine in which the issue is occurring Start -> Run and ...