Troubleshooting steps to start the On-Premise Poller in case of system restart/crash
Please follow the below steps to confirm if the On-Premise Poller is running, or to start the On-Premise Poller, in case of system restart/crash because of power failure, etc.
- Check if the On-Premise Poller service is up and running - SITE24X7_ONPREMISEPOLLERMONITOR
- If communication is still not established, stop the service and refer here
To stop the service, navigate to the On-Premise Poller's installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7OnPremisePoller). Execute the command StopServer.bat -force
Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Under Administrative Tools, click Services. You can also navigate to services.msc from Run. Stop the Site24x7 On-Premise Poller service as an administrator.
- Go to services.msc > start the service SITE24X7_ONPREMISEMONITOR to start the Site24x7 On-Premise Poller process.
However, if the On-Premise Poller service is already stopped, please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7OnPremisePoller and delete the file eum.lck
- Rename the logs folder to logs.old and reports folder to reports.old (C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7OnPremisePoller)
- Start the On-Premise Poller service
- Go to installation directory/Site24x7OnPremisePoller
- Check if the On-Premise Poller process is up and running by executing the following command:
ps aux | grep StartServer
- If no communication is established, stop the service by using the following command:
sh StopServer.sh -force and refer here
- Start the process by executing the following command:
sh StartServer.sh &
However, in cases when the On-Premise Poller process is already stopped, please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to installation directory/Site24x7OnPremisePoller and delete the file eum.lck
- Rename the logs folder to logs.old and reports folder to reports.old ( installation directory /Site24x7OnPremisePoller)
- Start the On-Premise Poller process
sh StartServer.sh &
Troubleshooting steps for On-Premise Poller
Prerequisites and basic details: Prerequisites for installing On-Premise Poller Necessary ports to allow access to the installed On-Premise Poller How secure is On-Premise Poller Amount of bandwidth consumed by the On-Premise Poller software Adding ...
Set proxy for Linux On-Premise Poller during installation
There are 3 ways through which you can configure a proxy in an On-Premise Poller for a Linux server. During installation using the Installation Wizard Using the console During the silent installation of the On-Premise Poller Linux agent 1. During ...
When I restart/activate/upgrade the On-Premise Poller, why is it not showing data immediately
The following may be one of the following reasons for data not showing up after restarting/activating/upgrading the On-Premise Poller: In cases where there is a large number of monitors pointed to the On-Premise Poller, data collection for all these ...
Troubleshooting steps if the network module does not start properly
Follow the steps below to fix Network Module-related issues. You may be able to resolve your issue in a step or two, but if not, keep moving through these steps until the issue is resolved. Step 1: Stop the On-Premise Poller, and restart it with ...
How to manually upgrade an On-Premise Poller
You can upgrade an On-Premise Poller directly from the Site24x7 web console by navigating to Admin > On-Premise Poller, clicking the hamburger icon beside an On-Premise Poller, and clicking Upgrade. If this upgrade fails, try using the steps below: ...