Tag-based service discovery for AWS resources
While you integrate your AWS account with Site24x7, add tags that enable you to control which AWS resource must get discovered and monitor them. Perform Include and Exclude tags operation simultaneously along with an OR/AND logic to filter the AWS resources.
Major points to keep in mind:
- Simultaneously use the Include and Exclude operation for various tags except for the 'Region' tag.
- When both Include and Exclude are used, the Include operation will be performed first followed by the Exclude tags operation.
- In the Include and Exclude section, the AND/OR logic can be performed on a combination of tags only when you enter more than one tag.
- User-defined tags: The tags that you have assigned for a resource at the AWS console can be leveraged at the Site24x7 console to filter resources.
- Site24x7 custom tags: When the custom tag (monitor_site24x7) has its value set as 'false' in the AWS console, this tag will be given priority over all other user-defined tags created and none of the AWS resource will be monitored.
- If a resource does not support a particular tag in the AWS console, we do not consider them in the Site24x7 console as well.
Resources scanned by intranet deep discovery engine
By default, the intranet deep discovery engine scans for the following: All available hosts in the network on which Site24x7's On-Premise Poller is installed. Availability of known ports in all the available hosts. The following are the list of known ...
How do I stop auto-discovery of GCP resources in Site24x7?
There are two ways to disable auto-discovery of resources in Site24x7: Exclude/Include GCP Resources using Labels/Tags in the Add/Edit GCP Monitor page. Deselect the resources from monitoring under the option Select the Resources for Monitoring in ...
Bulk action to auto-discover VMware resources
You can enable autodiscovery to monitor all the VMware virtual machines (VMs), datastores, resource pools, and snapshots in bulk at the associated VMware ESX/ESXi host level. Simply choose Yes next to your preferred resources and select the VMware ...
AWS Metric Profile - When new metrics or monitors are added.
CASE 1: When new metrics are added for services. Whenever new metrics are added for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) resource, they'll be automatically added to the existing Metric Profile created for an account. Let's consider the example of S3 buckets ...
How to prevent rediscovery of resources under a particular service type?
Please follow the steps below: Log in to Site24x7 and go to Azure. Under the Azure monitor added, click on Infrastructure Dashboard. Hover on the hamburger icon provided beside the page title and click Edit. In the Edit Azure Monitor page, under ...