Site24x7 Real User Monitoring (RUM) - Data Collection
- Performance details of web page load time - Metrics like response time of web page or application like document processing time, DNS time, connection time, server time, first byte time, document download time, page rendering time, and document rendering time are collected. Other metrics like page views, response time and throughput taken to load in different browser versions, devices, and ISP's are also collected. Purpose: To analyze the network performance and performance of individual web pages and resources. To identify JS errors and AJAX calls.
- User Agent of the Browser - This information is collected to analyze the device and browser information.
- Request Headers - Location and region details are fetched from the request headers.
- Unique ID generated for the user, which is stored in a cookie - This information helps to detect unique and new users.
- User session details - These details include information about user sessions and page navigation. This data is collected to provide snapshots in case page load time exceeds the specified threshold value.
The following cookies are created to identify user sessions.
site24x7RUMSnapshotId - This cookie collects user session traces and is used to provide Snapshots.
site24x7rumID - This cookie is created to identify unique users and sessions.
Data retention in Real User Monitoring (RUM).
The following table explains the data retention period of real user monitoring data that are being stored by Site24x7. S.No Data type Retention period 1 JS errors One week 2 Filterable performance and user sessions One month 3 Performance metrics ...
Site24x7 Real User Monitoring - Data collection
When you include Site24x7 RUM beacon script in your webpages, the following data are collected . All data that's being collected is in accordance with GDPR compliance . Performance details of webpage load time - Metrics like response time of ...
Troubleshooting steps if the data collection stops for a network device
Data collection issues could be due to any of the following reasons: The On-Premise Poller is Down. The Network Module is Disabled. The Network Module is Down or Initializing. The device hasn't been recently polled. Unable to fetch proper ...
Getting data for custom time periods in Real User Monitoring
Site24x7 Real User Monitoring (RUM) now allows you to get stats for custom time periods. All you need to do is define the time period for which you need the data and our dashboard will show metrics only for the period you have defined. The time ...
How many steps can be recorded in the Web Application Real Browser monitor?
Maximum number of steps that can be recorded and monitored through RBM is 20. The limit is set to provide optimal polling frequency and performance as the maximum data collection time of a transaction should not exceed 165 seconds. When you ...