Security for SQL Server Monitoring
- Do I have to provide my SQL Server credentials for Site24x7 to monitor them?
No, Site24x7 does not ask for your SQL Server credentials for monitoring.
- Does Site24x7 connect to the SQL Servers directly?
No, Site24x7 does not connect to the SQL Servers.
- Do you use T-SQL query?
No T-SQL query is used to fetch data.
- Do you have access to SQL queries, tables, and all database related data?
No, Site24x7 does not have access to SQL queries, tables, rows, columns or any other information in your SQL database.
- How do you collect performance metrics for SQL monitoring?
Performance metrics is collected via perfmon counters.
- How are the SQL cluster related performance data collected by Site24x7?
SQL cluster related performance metrics like cluster name and owner node is collected using the following PowerShell cmdlet:
- What performance data is collected by Site24x7 for monitoring SQL Servers?
Data for the performance metrics listed in this document are collected by Site24x7 for monitoring SQL Servers.
- What logs are collected for SQL Server monitoring?
SQL Server logs and SQL agent logs are collected for SQL monitoring.
Note: This is applicable only when AppLogs is enabled.
- Windows agent security
- Add SQL Server monitor
- Performance metrics for SQL Server monitoring