Permissions required for successful upgrade of Windows server monitoring agent
Please perform the following steps to ensure successful upgrade of the Windows agent:
Check Windows Installer in Windows Service Manager:
Re-registration of Windows Installer:
- Make sure the Windows Installer service is up and running.
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel > Administrative Tools
- Click on Services and scroll to Windows Installer. Double click on it and a new dialog box will open
- Check to see if the Startup Type is set to Manual.
- Service status is usually stopped. Try and start the Windows Installer server.
- Note down the error message if any. Click Ok
- Now, Go to Start and search for cmd. Right click and select, ‘Run as Administrator’
- In the command prompt, type:
Type msiexec.exe /unregister
Type msiexec.exe /regserver
Verify the registry permissions:
Give full control permission to System account:
- Go to Start and search for Regedit
- Find HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services and select msiserver
- Go to Edit > Permissions > select System > allow full control
Note: If the required permission is not given, go to Edit > select System > and check the box for full control
- Verify if the system account has full control.
- To do that, go to the computer's root drive > Properties > Security
- Under Group or user names > click System and check if Full Permission has been given.
If the upgrade fails even after working out the above steps, download and install the latest Windows Installer and try again.
How do we verify the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent script?
All the scripts and executables in the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent are digitally signed. To verify the digital signature, we compare the certificate name and the serial number of the digital signature associated with the script with ...
How to uninstall the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent
Method 1: To uninstall the Site24x7 Windows Server Monitoring Agent, click the link below: https://staticdownloads.site24x7.com/server/Site24x7WindowsAgentUninstall.zip Unzip and execute the Uninstall.bat file in the Command Prompt as an ...
How do you enable or disable Management Actions in your Windows server?
Management Actions can be used to start or stop VM configurations in a Hyper-V server, services in a Windows server, or sites and application pools in an IIS server. These actions can't be performed if Management Actions is disabled in the server ...
Server monitoring agent upgrade
Agent upgrades can be manual or automatic. The current agent version used by the server monitor can be found under the monitor's display name. Auto Upgrade: A user can opt for Auto Upgrade in the Settings page (Admin > Server Monitor > Settings) in ...
Methods to upgrade PHP agent (Linux/Windows)
PHP agent can be upgraded in 2 ways: Auto upgrade Manual upgrade Auto upgrade: When this feature is enabled, the latest version of the agent is automatically downloaded and deployed when it is made available After the deployment process is complete, ...