How to manually install the AppLogs agent
The AppLogs agent is used to automatically discover and upload your server and application logs to Site24x7. Site24x7's AppLogs agent works with an existing Site24x7 server monitoring agent
and comes with AppLogs installed. You can also manually install or reinstall (in case of issues) the AppLogs agent by following the steps below:
- If you have already installed the AppLogs agent, stop the Site24x7 Applog Agent service as an administrator. For this, navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Under Administrative Tools, click Services. You can also navigate to services.msc from Run.
If you haven't installed the AppLogs agent, then you can directly go to step 3.
- Delete the Applogbin folder, if it exists. The path is
64 bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\bin\Applogbin
32 bit: C:\Program Files\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\bin\Applogbin
- Download the zip file (64 bit | 32 bit) and extract it into C:\ProgramFiles\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\
- Check if the Site24x7 Applog Agent service is present. If not, open Command Prompt as an administrator and execute the following command:
sc create "Site24x7 Applog Agent" binPath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Site24x7\WinAgent\monitoring\bin\Applogbin\Site24x7ApplogAgent.exe"
- Start the Site24x7 Applog Agent service.
- If you have already installed the AppLogs agent, open a Terminal and stop the AppLogs agent by executing the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/site24x7monagent stop
If not, go to step 3.
- Delete the /opt/site24x7/monagent/lib/applog folder, if it exists.
- Download the zip file (64 bit | 32 bit) and extract it into /opt/site24x7/monagent/
- Start the agent by executing the command:
sudo /etc/init.d/site24x7monagent start
How do I disable the AppLogs agent (process/service)?
When you disable the AppLogs agent, log collection on that server will stop and the AppLogs Agent service/process will not run in your server. To disable the AppLogs agent: Navigate to the Server tab. Click on the server monitor in which the agent ...
Average resource utilization by AppLogs agent
Metrics Windows Linux CPU < 1% 0.3% Memory 40 MB 25 MB Peak network 2 MB in 30 seconds 2 MB in 30 seconds Disk 100 MB 100 MB This resource utilization is subject to change when more log types are associated with a single server or the same AppLogs ...
How to add APM Insight Java agent without application restart?
In general, after installing the APM Insight Java agent, you have to restart your application for the agent to capture monitoring data. But in case of critical issues in the app, like sudden application slowness, where you haven't installed APM ...
Silent installation of Linux On-Premise Poller
Follow the steps below for the silent installation of an On-Premise Poller on a Linux server. You can also configure proxy during silent installation. Copy and paste the following commands in your terminal 64 bit OS: sudo wget ...
Troubleshooting steps if bulk install during installation of Windows agent fails
You can now bulk install during the installation of the Windows agent itself. In case the bulk installation fails, it might be due to one of the following reasons: Error Message/Issue Troubleshooting Tip Network Connectivity Failure Make sure all the ...