Steps to install Linux monitoring agent in custom platforms/distributions
If you want to install the Site24x7 Server Monitoring agent in platforms/flavors other than the traditional Linux flavors, please follow the steps given below.
- wget/curl to download installer files.
- python3-distutils package
- Python version 3 and above.
- Ensure the following commands are supported in your server/machine to fetch performance metrics:
- top, ps, df
- svmon (for AIX) and vmstat (for AIX and Solaris)
- Ensure commands like which, useradd, usergroup, awk, unzip that are used in the installation script are supported in your server/machine.
- Execute the following command in the platform/server where you wish to install the agent:
bash Site24x7MonitoringAgent.install -i -key=<device_key> -automation=true
- Once the agent is successfully installed, you will be able to see a monitor under Server > Server Monitor > Servers in the Site24x7 web client.
The device key
will be present in the Add Linux Server Monitor
page in the Site24x7 web client. Go to Server
> Server Monitor
> Servers (+)
How to fix a SSL connection error when downloading the Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent installer
In a few scenarios, when you try to download the Site24x7 Linux server monitoring agent installer, an SSL connection failure error message will display. Follow the instructions below based on your use case to fix this error. Prerequisite: For ...
Configure a proxy for a Linux server monitoring agent during installation
When you install Site24x7's Linux server monitoring agent, use one of the below mentioned commands depending upon your proxy configuration requirements. Scenario 1: Proxy with authentication bash Site24x7InstallScript.sh -i -key=<DEVICE_KEY> ...
List of log files generated and maintained by the Site24x7 server monitoring agent
Here is the list of log files generated by the Linux and Windows server monitoring agent. The log files are stored in the same directory where the agent source file is installed. By default they are at: For Linux : ...
How to retrieve logs from server-agent-based monitors?
If you have a Windows agent, you can use the following path to retrieve the agent logs: Go to the installation directory > Site24x7 > WinAgent > Monitoring > Logs If you have a Linux server, you can retrieve logs for your server agent by using the ...
Linux flavors supported by Site24x7 Linux Server Monitoring agent
Site24x7 Linux Server Monitoring agent supports various Linux distributions, including Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Mandriva Linux, Fedora, CoreOS, SUSE, Raspberry Pi, and ARM processor. The detailed list of versions supported (compatibility ...