Steps to install Linux monitoring agent in custom platforms/distributions
If you want to install the Site24x7 Server Monitoring agent in platforms/flavors other than Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, Madriva, Fedora, Suse, Amazon Linux, Gentoo, CoreOS, Raspberry Pi (requires Python 3 and above), ARM Processor (requires Python 3 and above), please follow the steps given below.
- wget/curl to download installer files.
- Python version 3 and above.
- Ensure the following commands are supported in your server/machine to fetch performance metrics:
- top, ps, df
- svmon (for AIX) and vmstat (for AIX and Solaris)
- Ensure commands like which, useradd, usergroup, awk, unzip that are used in the installation script are supported in your server/machine.
- Execute the following command in the platform/server where you wish to install the agent:
bash Site24x7MonitoringAgent.install -i -key=<device_key>
- Once the agent is successfully installed, you will be able to see a monitor under Server > Server Monitor > Servers in the Site24x7 web client.
The device key
will be present in the Add Linux Server Monitor
page in the Site24x7 web client. Go to Server
> Server Monitor
> Servers (+)
How to manually install the AppLogs agent
The AppLogs agent is used to automatically discover and upload your server and application logs to Site24x7. Site24x7's AppLogs agent works with an existing Site24x7 server monitoring agent and comes with AppLogs installed. You can also manually ...
Ignore transactions from monitoring
To ignore or drop transactions from monitoring by the APM Insight PHP agent, follow the below-given steps. Install APM Insight PHP agent in your application and add a configuration file /opt/zpa/conf/transaction_drop_patterns.conf Add transaction ...
How to add APM Insight Java agent without application restart?
In general, after installing the APM Insight Java agent, you have to restart your application for the agent to capture monitoring data. But in case of critical issues in the app, like sudden application slowness, where you haven't installed APM ...
Restart the server monitoring agent services from Windows or Linux platforms
Follow the below steps to restart the Site24x7 agent services based on your platform: For Windows platform - In the Windows home screen, navigate to Start and run the command services.msc This will open up the Services window. Search and select ...
Limitations of custom instrumentation in .NET agent
While most of the functions can be instrumented using custom instrumentation, the following kinds of methods will be ignored for profiling: 1. Constructors 2. Object finalizers and Disposer methods 3. Lambda functions 4. Property getter / setter