How to identify and resolve conflicts between other APM products and the APM Insight .NET agent
Problem statement: You are experiencing either of the below issues and suspect that another APM product is interfering with the Site24x7 .NET agent.
1. The .NET monitor is not created under APM > APM Insight > Applications, even after the .NET agent installation is complete.
2. The .NET monitor stopped receiving data from the application.
Prerequisite: The Site24x7 APM Insight .NET agent should be installed.
Please follow the steps outlined below to identify and resolve the conflict between the other APM product and the APM Insight.NET agent.
Profilers that commonly conflict with the Site24x7 .NET agent
Environment variable of Site24x7's .NET agent:
Other APM profilers
Microsoft Application Insights
Identify the conflict using the .NET Health Monitor
- Open the .NET Health Monitor by navigating to Start > All Programs > APM Insight .NET Agent > APM Insight .NET Agent Health Monitor.
- If any other APM products conflict with the APM Insight .NET agent, you will be notified, as shown in the image.
You can now use the Process Explorer or the Event Viewer to identify which product conflicts with the APM Insight .NET Agent.
Identify the conflicting APM product using Process Explorer
Install and open the Process Explorer.
Select w3wp.exe, go to the Environment tab, and look for the COR_PROFILER variable to identify the conflicting APM product.
Please find the link
to download and install the Process Explorer in your system.
Identify the conflicting APM product using Event Viewer
- Open Event Viewer and navigate to Windows Logs > Application.
- Click the event with the source .NET Runtime to check the Profiler CLSID of the conflicting APM product.
The Event Viewer will be installed on your Windows machine by default.
Resolve the conflict
- You must uninstall the other APM product because Microsoft restricts using multiple profilers on the same machine.
- Perform IIS reset.
- Now, you can restart your application and make some transactions.
- Once the application is up and receiving requests, you can view the monitor under APM > APM Insight > Applications in the Site24x7 client.
- If you click the application name, you can also view the metrics and the corresponding graphs.
Identify and correct hostname mismatches while cloning
Use the health monitor to correct host name mismatches, when cloning from a server in which the APM Insight .NET agent has been installed. Open the Health Monitor tool as follows: Start > All programs > APM Insight .NET Agent > APM Insight .NET Agent ...
How to add APM Insight Java agent without application restart?
In general, after installing the APM Insight Java agent, you have to restart your application for the agent to capture monitoring data. But in case of critical issues in the app, like sudden application slowness, where you haven't installed APM ...
APM Insight agent log paths
Folder path to view One agent logs One agent logs can be found only in the common application folder in Windows (usually under C:\ProgramData from Vista onwards). Check the following folder path in Windows: C:\ProgramData\Site24x7APMOneAgent\Logs ...
How to enable or disable application filters in the .NET Core agent?
The APM Insight .NET Core agent is designed to monitor IIS-hosted applications based on the list entered in the appfilter.config file in the agent's installation location. Irrespective of the filter, we can monitor all .NET Core applications hosted ...
Troubleshooting steps when there is an exception while monitoring ASP .NET applications.
Use Case: Sometimes, you may receive the exception "Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances.", while running the APM Insight .NET agent in your ASP .NET applications. This is because, by design, the agent works ...