How to add servers currently monitored by Site24x7 in one account to multiple MSP customer accounts?
An existing Site24x7 user has server monitoring for multiple customers in a regular Site24x7 account and plans to move to the MSP Plan. Now, the MSP wants to change the server monitors to the corresponding 'customer accounts' under their MSP Account.
Note : The historic data and the current display name of the server monitors will not be migrated. This article is intended to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling the server monitoring agent on the servers and instead point the existing installation to the new account. The server will be added as a new monitor under the new MSP customer account and hence no past data will be available.
In Site24x7, an account, irrespective of the number of servers, will have only one Device key mapped to it. So in order to change a server agent to point to a particular MSP customer, changes to the agent configuration have to be made.
You can locate the Device Key of your Site24x7 account by going to 'Admin' -> 'Developer' -> Device Key. Please make a note of the Device Key of the account to which the monitors are to be migrated.
Please follow the steps below for a Windows server:
- Go to the Registry Editor (regedit)
- Go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageEngine\Site24x7WindowsAgent > CustomerID. Under "Value Data", enter the Device key of the MSP customer to be pointed. Click OK
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageEngine\Site24x7WindowsAgent\Monitoring > IsFirstStart. Change the "Value Data" to TRUE
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageEngine\Site24x7WindowsAgent\Monitoring > MonitoringAgentKey. Enter SITE24X7 under "Value Data"
- Restart the agent
For a Linux server, only a root user or user with sudo permission can perform the below steps:
- Open /opt/site24x7/monagent/conf/monagent.cfg file
- Make the following changes:
customer_id to the Device key of the MSP customer to be pointed
agent_key = 0
agent_unique_id = 0
- Restart the agent
Note: Once the mapping is complete, the MSP can suspend/delete their server monitors from the old account. If you prefer to retain the historic data, we recommend suspending the monitor in the previous account.