How to disable auto-discovery of new containers?
You can disable auto-discovery of new containers by deselecting them manually under the Containers tab, using configuration rules, or via Bulk Actions.
Manually under the Containers tab:
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Docker > Docker Hosts.
- Click on the docker monitor added and go to the Containers tab.
- Click on Discover Containers.
- Uncheck the option Auto-discover and add new container(s).
This will ensure no new containers are added for monitoring.
Via Configuration Rules:
- In the Site24x7 web client, go to Admin > Inventory > Configuration Rules > Add Rule.
- Choose Type is Docker under Define Criteria. If you want to add any other conditions, click on the '+' icon.
- Under Define Actions, click Tags. Select Auto-Discover Docker Containers from the drop down and set it to 'False'.
- Save the rule. To apply the rule for already added docker monitors, click Save and Run Rule.
This can also be done via our Bulk Action
for multiple containers in one go.
How to disable auto-discovery of new docker containers in bulk?
Log in to Site24x7 and go to Admin > Inventory > Bulk Action. Under Other Actions, click on Auto Discover Containers. Select the monitors in which you want to disable auto-discovery. Click on Filter Monitors. Toggle No for the option Auto Discover ...
How to disable auto discovery of containers for Kubernetes clusters?
You can disable the discovery of containers at the cluster level. Please follow the below steps: Log in to Site24x7. Navigate to Server > Kubernetes > Clusters. Hover on the hamburger icon beside the cluster for which you want to disable container ...
How do I stop the auto-addition of new interfaces to an existing network device?
When new interfaces are added to a monitored network device, by default, the Network Module will auto-discover and add them to their corresponding network device, thus consuming your license. This auto-discovery occurs at predefined intervals and ...
How does auto-discovery of child applications work?
Applications will be auto-discovered once the Windows or Linux agent is installed in your server. Auto-discovery will happen only if the option Auto discover applications on the server is set to Yes in the Settings page (Admin > Server Monitor > ...
Bulk action to auto-discover VMware resources
You can enable autodiscovery to monitor all the VMware virtual machines (VMs), datastores, resource pools, and snapshots in bulk at the associated VMware ESX/ESXi host level. Simply choose Yes next to your preferred resources and select the VMware ...