How to disable auto-discovery of new containers?
You can disable auto-discovery of new containers by deselecting them manually under the Containers tab, using configuration rules, or via Bulk Actions.
Manually under the Containers tab:
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Docker > Docker Hosts.
- Click on the docker monitor added and go to the Containers tab.
- Click on Discover Containers.
- Uncheck the option Auto-discover and add new container(s).
This will ensure no new containers are added for monitoring.
Via Configuration Rules:
- In the Site24x7 web client, go to Admin > Inventory > Configuration Rules > Add Rule.
- Choose Type is Docker under Define Criteria. If you want to add any other conditions, click on the '+' icon.
- Under Define Actions, click Tags. Select Auto-Discover Docker Containers from the drop down and set it to 'False'.
- Save the rule. To apply the rule for already added docker monitors, click Save and Run Rule.
This can also be done via our Bulk Action
for multiple containers in one go.
How to disable auto-discovery of new docker containers in bulk
You can disable auto-discovery of new docker containers in bulk in one of two ways: Using Bulk Action Setting up Configuration Rules Using Bulk Action Log in to your Site24x7 account and go to Admin > Inventory > Bulk Action. Under the Server Monitor ...
How to disable auto discovery of containers for Kubernetes clusters?
You can disable the discovery of containers at the cluster level. Please follow the below steps: Log in to Site24x7. Navigate to Server > Kubernetes > Clusters. Hover on the hamburger icon beside the cluster for which you want to disable container ...
How do I stop the auto-addition of new interfaces to an existing network device?
When new interfaces are added to a monitored network device, by default, the Network Module will auto-discover and add them to their corresponding network device, thus consuming your license. This auto-discovery occurs at predefined intervals and ...
How does auto-discovery of child applications work?
Applications will be auto-discovered once the Windows or Linux agent is installed in your server. Auto-discovery will happen only if the option Auto discover applications on the server is set to Yes in the Settings page (Admin > Server Monitor > ...
How do I stop auto-discovery of GCP resources in Site24x7?
There are two ways to disable auto-discovery of resources in Site24x7: Exclude/Include GCP Resources using Labels/Tags in the Add/Edit GCP Monitor page. Deselect the resources from monitoring under the option Select the Resources for Monitoring in ...