How can I perform bulk actions on the performance counters?
You can perform bulk actions, like Suspend, Activate, and Delete, on:
- Multiple performance counters across several devices with the same device template.
- Multiple performance counters associated with a single device.
You can perform bulk actions on the performance counters only if the device template is the same. Currently, we do not support bulk actions on performance counters with different device templates.
To perform bulk actions on performance counters:
- Navigate to Network > Network Devices and select a device.
- Click the Performance Counters tab.
- Toggle between Active and Suspended at the top-right to view the respective performance counters (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Toggle between Active and Suspended on the Performance Counters tab.
- Click Bulk Action (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Click the Bulk Action button.
- On the Bulk Action page, toggle between Suspend/Activate and Delete beside Action (Figure 3). If you selected Active performance counters in Step 3, the form will display Suspend and Delete. If you selected Suspended performance counters in Step 3, the form will display Activate and Delete.
Figure 3. Toggle between Suspend/Activate and Delete.
- If you wish to perform the same action across all devices with this template, toggle Suspend/Activate/Delete from all devices with this template to Yes.
- Select your options from the Performance Counters drop-down menu, which displays all the performance counters for that device.
- Click Save if you selected Suspend or Activate in Step 5. Click Delete if you selected Delete in Step 5.
Troubleshooting steps in case of performance counter test failure or value mismatch
From the Site24x7 web client, go to Network > Network Device . Click on the desired device name and go to the Performance Counters tab. Click Test on the desired performance counter. Copy the Device Identifier/OID from the Test Performance Counter ...
How to view perfmon counters in Windows?
To monitor specific Windows performance (perfmon) counters with Site24x7's plugin integration, you need to get the names of the performance counters from the Windows Performance Monitor on your server. Follow the steps below to get the names of the ...
Bulk action to auto-discover VMware resources
You can enable autodiscovery to monitor all the VMware virtual machines (VMs), datastores, resource pools, and snapshots in bulk at the associated VMware ESX/ESXi host level. Simply choose Yes next to your preferred resources and select the VMware ...
Comparison between Site24x7 VMware Monitoring and VM monitoring using Site24x7 server agent
Site24x7 VMware Monitoring capabilities Site24x7 VMware monitoring is agentless. An On-Premise Poller acts as a probe to collect data and sends it to Site24x7. With Site24x7 VMware Monitoring, you will be able to: Monitor vCenter Monitor VMware ...
Where can I use device templates?
Device Templates can serve as your helping hand in many ways. Let us consider a few use cases. Let us assume that you are interested in monitoring a Cisco 2505 router and Site24x7 already has a default template for Cisco 2500 series with few sysOIDs ...