Associate a device template with my network monitor
You must add and associate a device template with a network device manually if your device is:
- A custom SNMP device.
- Discovered as unknown.
- Mapped with an incorrect device template.
Follow the steps below to associate a device template with a network monitor:
- Log in to your Site24x7 account.
- Navigate to Network > Network Devices.
- Click the hamburger iconbeside the network monitor with which a template should be associated and select Edit.
Figure 1. Editing monitor settings.
- You will be redirected to the Edit Network Device Monitor window. Click Associate Device Template.
Figure 2. Click Associate Device Templates.
- In the window that pops up, select the Template Category from the drop-down list, select the Template Type, and select the desired device template from the Template Name drop-down list.
Figure 3. Associating Device Templates.
- You can also click Add Device Template from here if you do not find a suitable template in your existing list of default and custom device templates.
- Click Associate to associate the template with a set of network devices. Click Associate & Overwrite to associate the template and replace the performance counters of the previously associated device template, if any.